Taking a vacation, whether it’s on your own or with family and friends, is a happy and exciting time. There is always a memorable, funny or majestic moment to capture as you relax and unwind. I know we just love taking an evening on vacation to do some photos and just adore having them around the house reminding us of the fun we had!! So, how do we get some good photos?! (besides taking me with!!) Taking great photos is not a skill that comes naturally to everyone but there are a few things you can do to ensure that you have plenty of wonderful images to remember your vacation by.
Simple Photography Tips for the Traveler
· The moments are what matters on a vacation so try not to get the people you’re with to pose too often. Instead, focus on capturing special moments between your children or between friends. You also never know when a unique moment might present itself in your surroundings so always have your camera ready.
· If you are looking to get some great shots of the scenery around you, it’s always best to get up early if you can. The lighting will be better earlier in the day and hopefully, there won’t be as many people around.
· Before you pack up your belongings and head out the door, become familiar with the settings on your camera. Take out your camera’s manual and have a quick read through the settings and features to ensure that you’re up to speed with what your camera is capable of.
· Don’t forget to take some detailed shots too. While you want to capture the scenery and be able to show others what you experienced on vacation, taking the time to zoom in on the smaller details can make for some amazing photos too. Whether it’s a great meal that you had or the beautiful detail on a building, try not to discount those shots.
· Bonus Tip: Get a few shots of the locals and anything that might be going on around you. These shots tend to tell the best stories.