How to Create a Natural Makeup Look for Your Photo Shoot
You want to look your best on the day of your photo shoot and how you apply your makeup can play a big part in this. When it comes to doing your makeup, you want to enhance your natural features. Usually the less is more approach is the best way to go about this. To help you create a flawless natural look for your upcoming photo shoot consider these simple steps.
1. The base.
● Moisturize - You always want to make sure you moisturize prior to applying your makeup. This will help keep the makeup looking fresh while keeping your skin hydrated. It also makes it easier to blend and limits creasing.
● Foundation - After moisturizing, you want to apply your foundation over your entire face. Use a brush or blender to ensure you get an even coat over the entire area.
● Concealer - Most women have a few trouble areas that they want to conceal, mainly around the eyes, mouth, and nostrils. Use concealer sparingly and make sure it is well blended in.
● Powder - Applying a translucent powder to the center of the forehead, nose, and chin will reduce any shine you may experience. The camera will pick up any gleam your face gives off so you don't want to skip this step but you do want to try to avoid any powders with glitter or shimmer as this will only be magnified.
2. The eyes.
● Eyebrows - Many people neglect to use an eyebrow pencil to make their brows a little fuller because this can often be easily overdone. Using an eyebrow pencil, however, can make your eyes look wider and your face look younger. Starting at the bottom of your brow use a pencil to fill the brow in from the bottom up. You want to start off a little darker and lighten the color as you move towards the top to create a more natural look.
● Lids - To help emphasize your eyes with eyeshadow, you want to use three colors. Start with a natural color that is close to your skin tone and apply it over the lid. Apply a darker color to the crease of the lid and finish with a highlighter color applied to the inner corners of the eye and along the brow bone. You want to ensure everything is well blended to maintain a natural look. Don't shy away from eyeliner either. Eyeliner will help frame the eyes and this can make them appear brighter. To apply the eyeliner you want to use a skinny makeup brush.
● Lashes - Apply mascara first then the root of the lashes and then work your way out. Do this to both the top and bottom lashes and apply a second coat if necessary.
● Highlight - Highlighter should be applied first before blush or bronze. This is the same highlighter you used with your eyes but along with applying it to the brow line and inner corner of the eyes you also want to apply it to the top of the cheekbones and center of the nose.
● Bronzer - Lightly apply the bronzer to the jaw line, sides of the nose, under the cheekbones and to the temple area.
● Blush - Keep your blush a natural color and apply it to the checks. Make sure you blend it well with the highlighter and bronzer.
4. Lips. To finish off your natural look you want to stick with lipstick in a nude color. There are so many nude colors to choose from so be sure to find one that keeps your makeup well balanced.
Now that we have covered this must-have info, click HERE to book your session!